新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 来自Kinder的教育压力——感受澳洲教育严厉的一面 (2007-7-25) poloand · 养老金(Age Pension) 10 年居住要求(Age pension 已获批,更新了养老金计算器2020年数据) (2014-4-9) 小豹子
· 双职工家庭的福音之十二 挑战天府的 重庆辣子鸡 (2005-6-22) binbingogo · 我爱我家2011征文3部曲:(一)看房,买房记 (2011-2-6) dandan
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 206017|回复: 1248

[全澳] 去与不去,真是个问题——由这个帖子引发的正能量 [复制链接]

2016年度奖章获得者

发表于 2016-5-10 14:44 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 小小白虎 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 小小白虎 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 小小白虎 于 2019-11-12 16:26 编辑

关于kumon,已经有好些爸爸妈妈来问我:kumon到底怎么样,到底要不要去,我的答复一直是在我家孩子身上效果不错,但是并不是所有家庭适用,所以不推荐也不否定。
用澳洲补习协会的主席Chris Druett的原话来概括:
“KUMON的课程有强的地方,但是不适合每一个学生。他说:“对于一个能够有独立学习能力的孩子来说,KUMON非常适合她/他。
但是如果孩子在学习上需要个别的关注的话,那么KUMON就不一定会很配了。”

正好今天在回答其他帖子的时候写了一大段内容,作为一名资深kumon学员的妈妈,特别发帖来分享近期的心得!让更多人能了解下(在了解的前提下才能选择上还是不上,才能说好还是不好,不然一切都是空话)!

什么样的孩子适合去在21楼

kumon的缺点在44、46楼

一年后更新

评分

参与人数 12积分 +67 金币 +2 收起 理由
eva1115 + 4 偶对你的景仰如滔滔江水
Ocean3mel + 3 你太有才了
liuji1 + 5 感谢分享

查看全部评分

想念变成一条线 在时间里面漫延 
长得可以把世界切成了两个面
他在春天那一边 妳的秋天刚落叶 刚落叶
Advertisement
Advertisement

2016年度奖章获得者

发表于 2016-5-10 14:47 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 小小白虎 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 小小白虎 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 小小白虎 于 2016-5-10 14:50 编辑

就说说最近小朋友的情况,我们上kumon的英语已经四年了,正在做EII(差不多5年级水平),我这个妈妈有时候兴起也会不看答案自己做一下!
在level D之前操练基本语法
从level D开始kumon就着重于阅读理解了,作业基本不再重复做,一般一遍就过,很有趣味!

以下是每一个等级的侧重点:
Level DI: Combining Sentences.(复合句)
Level DII: Main Idea, Understanding Paragraphs.(中心思想)
Level EI: Clauses.(从句)
Level EII: Reason and Result.(论据和结论)

每次都是一个故事的节选,都是很著名的儿童作品,我例举一下E的内容

The Wizard of Oz(书出版:1900) 电影:绿野仙踪
Bridge to terabithia(书出版:1977) 电影:仙境之桥(1997)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(书出版:1964) 电影:查理的巧克力工厂
Seven Little Australians(书出版:1894)  电视剧(1973)

评分

参与人数 3积分 +22 收起 理由
lavender_z + 10 你太有才了
fionastar + 6 你太有才了
83447557 + 6 感谢分享

查看全部评分

想念变成一条线 在时间里面漫延 
长得可以把世界切成了两个面
他在春天那一边 妳的秋天刚落叶 刚落叶

发表于 2016-5-10 14:51 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 sunnycool 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 sunnycool 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
学习一下

发表于 2016-5-10 14:52 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 chatchat 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 chatchat 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我可以表示反对吗?
如果是一个独立学习能力强的孩子,同样的时间可以看更多书,还有空间思考。

评分

参与人数 3积分 +10 收起 理由
liyi29 + 3 我很赞同
fhjp01 + 6 我很赞同
小小白虎 + 1 感谢分享

查看全部评分

2016年度奖章获得者

发表于 2016-5-10 14:55 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 小小白虎 于 2016-5-10 15:03 编辑

这时候难度已经很高了,我曾经和孩子他爸讨论过,对于英语非母语的人而言,有英语四级到六级的难度了。孩子有时候需要抓耳挠腮思量一番的,他们没有学过语法,也没有我们学英语阅读时用的各种捷径解题法,所有的答案都是通过语感、语境和多读几遍自然理解的。
孩子的词汇量这时候就变得非常重要,没有词汇量,何谈理解?更不用说写作了。
对于语言,长学长新,学无止境!越到后面越是难以’补‘上。

下面是The Wizard of Oz的第二章(两天的量),也是EII的难度,大家可以看一看是不是有蛮难的,个人感觉词汇量已经非常大了,甚至和雅思G类相当了。

The Council with the Munchkins

She was awakened by a shock, so sudden and severe that if Dorothy had not been lying on the soft bed she might have been hurt. As it was, the jar made her catch her breath and wonder what had happened; and Toto put his cold little nose into her face and whined dismally. Dorothy sat up and noticed that the house was not moving; nor was it dark, for the bright sunshine came in at the window, flooding the little room. She sprang from her bed and with Toto at her heels ran and opened the door.

The little girl gave a cry of amazement and looked about her, her eyes growing bigger and bigger at the wonderful sights she saw.

The cyclone had set the house down very gently--for a cyclone--in the midst of a country of marvelous beauty.
There were lovely patches of greensward all about, with stately trees bearing rich and luscious fruits.
Banks of gorgeous flowers were on every hand, and birds with rare and brilliant plumage sang and fluttered in the trees and bushes. A little way off was a small brook, rushing and sparkling along between green banks, and murmuring in a voice very grateful to a little girl who had lived so long on the dry, gray prairies.

While she stood looking eagerly at the strange and beautiful sights, she noticed coming toward her a group of the queerest people she had ever seen. They were not as big as the grown folk she had always been used to; but neither were they very small. In fact, they seemed about as tall as Dorothy, who was a well-grown child for her age, although they were, so far as looks go, many years older.

Three were men and one a woman, and all were oddly dressed. They wore round hats that rose to a small point a foot above their heads, with little bells around the brims that tinkled sweetly as they moved. The hats of the men were blue; the little woman's hat was white, and she wore a white gown that hung
in pleats from her shoulders. Over it were sprinkled little stars that glistened in the sun like diamonds. The men were dressed in blue, of the same shade as their hats, and wore well-polished boots with a deep roll of blue at the tops. The men, Dorothy thought, were about as old as Uncle Henry, for two of them had beards.
But the little woman was doubtless much older. Her face was covered with wrinkles, her hair was nearly white, and she walked rather stiffly.

When these people drew near the house where Dorothy was standing in the doorway, they paused and whispered among themselves, as if afraid to come farther. But the little old woman walked up to Dorothy, made a low bow and said, in a sweet voice:"You are welcome, most noble Sorceress, to the land of the Munchkins. We are so grateful to you for having killed the Wicked Witch of the East, and for setting our people free from bondage."

Dorothy listened to this speech with wonder. What could the little woman possibly mean by calling her a sorceress, and saying she had killed the Wicked Witch of the East? Dorothy was an innocent, harmless little girl, who had been carried by a cyclone many miles from home; and she had never killed anything in all her life.

But the little woman evidently expected her to answer; so Dorothy said, with hesitation, "You are very kind, but there must be some mistake. I have not killed anything."

"Your house did, anyway," replied the little old woman, with a laugh, "and that is the same thing. See!" she continued, pointing to the corner of the house. "There are her two feet, still sticking out from under a block of wood."

Dorothy looked, and gave a little cry of fright. There, indeed, just under the corner of the great beam the house rested on, two feet were sticking out, shod in silver shoes with pointed toes.

"Oh, dear! Oh, dear!" cried Dorothy, clasping her hands together in dismay. "The house must have fallen on her. Whatever shall we do?"

"There is nothing to be done," said the little woman calmly.

"But who was she?" asked Dorothy.

"She was the Wicked Witch of the East, as I said," answered the little woman. "She has held all the Munchkins in bondage for many years, making them slave for her night and day. Now they are all set free, and are grateful to you for the favor."

"Who are the Munchkins?" inquired Dorothy.

"They are the people who live in this land of the East where the Wicked Witch ruled."

"Are you a Munchkin?" asked Dorothy.

"No, but I am their friend, although I live in the land of the North. When they saw the Witch of the East was dead the Munchkins sent a swift messenger to me, and I came at once. I am the Witch of the North."

"Oh, gracious!" cried Dorothy. "Are you a real witch?"

"Yes, indeed," answered the little woman. "But I am a good witch, and the people love me. I am not as powerful as the Wicked Witch was who ruled here, or I should have set the people free myself."

"But I thought all witches were wicked," said the girl, who was half frightened at facing a real witch. "Oh, no, that is a great mistake. There were only four witches in all the Land of Oz, and two of them, those who live in the North and the South, are good witches. I know this is true, for I am one of them myself, and cannot be mistaken. Those who dwelt in the East and the West were, indeed, wicked witches; but now that you have killed one of them, there is but one Wicked Witch in all the Land of Oz--the one who lives in the West."

"But," said Dorothy, after a moment's thought, "Aunt Em has told me that the witches were all dead--years and years ago."

"Who is Aunt Em?" inquired the little old woman.

"She is my aunt who lives in Kansas, where I came from."

The Witch of the North seemed to think for a time, with her head bowed and her eyes upon the ground. Then she looked up and said, "I do not know where Kansas is, for I have never heard that country mentioned before. But tell me, is it a civilized country?"

"Oh, yes," replied Dorothy.

"Then that accounts for it. In the civilized countries I believe there are no witches left, nor wizards, nor sorceresses, nor magicians. But, you see, the Land of Oz has never been civilized, for we are cut off from all the rest of the world. Therefore we still have witches and wizards amongst us."

"Who are the wizards?" asked Dorothy.

"Oz himself is the Great Wizard," answered the Witch, sinking her voice to a whisper. "He is more powerful than all the rest of us together. He lives in the City of Emeralds."

Dorothy was going to ask another question, but just then the Munchkins, who had been standing silently by, gave a loud shout and pointed to the corner of the house where the Wicked Witch had been lying.

"What is it?" asked the little old woman, and looked, and began to laugh. The feet of the dead Witch had disappeared entirely, and nothing was left but the silver shoes.

"She was so old," explained the Witch of the North, "that she dried up quickly in the sun. That is the end of her. But the silver shoes are yours, and you shall have them to wear." She reached down and picked up the shoes, and after shaking the dust out of them handed them to Dorothy.

"The Witch of the East was proud of those silver shoes," said one of the Munchkins, "and there is some charm connected with them; but what it is we never knew."

Dorothy carried the shoes into the house and placed them on the table. Then she came out again to the Munchkins and said:

"I am anxious to get back to my aunt and uncle, for I am sure they will worry about me. Can you help me find my way?"

The Munchkins and the Witch first looked at one another, and then at Dorothy, and then shook their heads.

"At the East, not far from here," said one, "there is a great desert, and none could live to cross it."

"It is the same at the South," said another, "for I have been there and seen it. The South is the country of the Quadlings."

"I am told," said the third man, "that it is the same at the West. And that country, where the Winkies live, is ruled by the Wicked Witch of the West, who would make you her slave if you passed her way."

"The North is my home," said the old lady, "and at its edge is the same great desert that surrounds this Land of Oz. I'm afraid, my dear, you will have to live with us."

Dorothy began to sob at this, for she felt lonely among all these strange people. Her tears seemed to grieve the kind-hearted Munchkins, for they immediately took out their handkerchiefs and began to weep also. As for the little old woman, she took off her cap and balanced the point on the end of her nose, while she counted "One, two, three" in a solemn voice. At once the cap changed to a slate, on which was written in big, white chalk marks:

"LET DOROTHY GO TO THE CITY OF EMERALDS"

The little old woman took the slate from her nose, and having read the words on it, asked, "Is your name Dorothy, my dear?"

"Yes," answered the child, looking up and drying her tears.

"Then you must go to the City of Emeralds. Perhaps Oz will help you."

"Where is this city?" asked Dorothy.

"It is exactly in the center of the country, and is ruled by Oz, the Great Wizard I told you of."

"Is he a good man?" inquired the girl anxiously.

"He is a good Wizard. Whether he is a man or not I cannot tell, for I have never seen him."

"How can I get there?" asked Dorothy.

"You must walk. It is a long journey, through a country that is sometimes pleasant and sometimes dark and terrible. However, I will use all the magic arts I know of to keep you from harm."

"Won't you go with me?" pleaded the girl, who had begun to look upon the little old woman as her only friend.

"No, I cannot do that," she replied, "but I will give you my kiss, and no one will dare injure a person who has been kissed by the Witch of the North."

She came close to Dorothy and kissed her gently on the forehead. Where her lips touched the girl they left a round, shining mark, as Dorothy found out soon after.

"The road to the City of Emeralds is paved with yellow brick," said the Witch, "so you cannot miss it. When you get to Oz do not be afraid of him, but tell your story and ask him to help you. Good-bye, my dear."

The three Munchkins bowed low to her and wished her a pleasant journey, after which they walked away through the trees. The Witch gave Dorothy a friendly little nod, whirled around on her left heel three times, and straightway disappeared, much to the surprise of little Toto, who barked after her loudly enough when she had gone, because he had been afraid even to growl while she stood by.

But Dorothy, knowing her to be a witch, had expected her to disappear in just that way, and was not surprised in the least.
想念变成一条线 在时间里面漫延 
长得可以把世界切成了两个面
他在春天那一边 妳的秋天刚落叶 刚落叶

2016年度奖章获得者

发表于 2016-5-10 15:02 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 小小白虎 于 2016-5-10 15:04 编辑
chatchat 发表于 2016-5-10 14:52
我可以表示反对吗?
如果是一个独立学习能力强的孩子,同样的时间可以看更多书,还有空间思考。 ...

当然可以反对啊...大家讨论嘛
除了kumon之外我家小朋友也看很多书,这并不冲突。kumon帮助我家孩子从小养成良好习惯,每天定时静下心来做一点事情,孩子的专注力就特别好;年幼的时候,孩子自己挑选的阅读材料很有限,kumon提供的阅读材料就非常好...
等孩子大了,可以自行挑选的时候,也许作用就没有那么大了,我对kumon改观也是从level C-D之后,之前确实有点重复,当然学习语法、背单词本身就需要反复记忆和练习的。也许将来等级高上去了,我的看法会再次改变。

评分

参与人数 2积分 +7 收起 理由
xiaobaoluo + 3
kukumalu + 4 我很赞同!

查看全部评分

想念变成一条线 在时间里面漫延 
长得可以把世界切成了两个面
他在春天那一边 妳的秋天刚落叶 刚落叶
Advertisement
Advertisement

2016年度奖章获得者

发表于 2016-5-10 15:15 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 小小白虎 于 2016-5-10 15:18 编辑

维基百科的内容,小虎自己翻译的,有错请纠正!
kumon是为英语母语的孩子设计的,有着广泛的阅读材料且着重发展孩子的阅读分析能力。也帮助孩子纠正发音。
The Kumon Native Language Programs are designed to expose students to a broad range of texts and develop the skill of reading comprehension. A number of Kumon Centres also use audio CDs to help students with pronunciation. (Note: Levels vary slightly by country)[5]
Level 7A: Look, Listen, Repeat.(看、听、跟读)
Level 6A: Reciting Words with Pictures.(看图说话)
Level 5A: Letter Sounds.(字母发音)
Level 4A: Consonant Combinations and Vowel Sounds.(辅音组合和元音)
Level 3A: Advanced Vowel Sounds & Advanced Sounding Out.(高级元音和高级??)
Level 2A: Functions of Words (nouns, verbs, adjectives), Reading Aloud.(词(名词,动词,形容词),大声朗读)
Level AI: Structure of Simple Sentences.(简单句)
Level AII: Sentence Structure, Sentence Topics, Thought Sequence.(句子结构,句子的主题,序列)
Level BI: Subject and Predicate.(主语和谓语)
Level BII: Comparing and Contrasting.(比较和对比)
Level CI: Constructing Sentences.(造句)
Level CII: Organizing Information.(组织信息)
Level DI: Combining Sentences.(复杂句)
Level DII: Main Idea, Understanding Paragraphs.(主题思想,段落大意)
Level EI: Clauses.(从句)
Level EII: Reason and Result.(论据和结论)
Level FI: Referring Words, Interpreting Text.(关键字,解读文章)
Level FII: Concision, Analysis of & Recounting Events from Paragraphs.(分析、精简、描述段落)
Level G: Point Making, Theme, Story Elements, Summary.(立论,概括)
Level H: Summation.(进一步总述)
Level I: Persuasion.(解说??)
Level J: Critical Reading.(批判性阅读??)
Level K: Elements of Literature.(文学元素)
Level L: Interpretation.(翻译、口译)

评分

参与人数 2积分 +8 收起 理由
DIY2013 + 2 感谢分享
rebeccamy222 + 6 感谢分享

查看全部评分

想念变成一条线 在时间里面漫延 
长得可以把世界切成了两个面
他在春天那一边 妳的秋天刚落叶 刚落叶

发表于 2016-5-10 15:52 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Carnation 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Carnation 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
不同的method 适合不同的孩子。

发表于 2016-5-10 15:54 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 香水樱桃 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 香水樱桃 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Kumon的每个地方是不是质量也有不同?一周要上两天吗?

发表于 2016-5-10 15:57 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 sunnysr1115 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 sunnysr1115 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
求科普, Kumon类似于补习班吗?像Preuni, swot之类的?