新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 6年的巨变—招待国内同学后有感之二,兼谈中澳医疗的现状和区别。(首发原创,2011贺岁作品)280#中澳医术大比拼! (2010-12-15) passionboy · 好吃易做的奶酪卷(超多图,慎入) (2010-9-29) 花瓣
· 2016年我9个月OB建全砖双层房经历,多图 (2017-7-8) Birdzhao · medibank-smart plus,一点经验分享 (2007-7-30) jl162401
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:洋八路

英文作文点评贴 -- 欢迎足友提交 [复制链接]

发表于 2015-12-18 11:50 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 movielover 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 movielover 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
洋八路 发表于 2015-11-29 22:33
这个阶段不建议读范文,读多了,又没有思想和创意,会非常死板。而且如果所谓的范文不是什么名家作品,只 ...

很同意你的观点,要想提高写作要多读名家的作品。你说到的作家的‘声音频率’这一点很有意思。我女儿有段时间对哈里波特系列特别感兴趣,反反复复地读,后来看她写的故事都是魔法potion之类的。我希望她多读些别的作家的文章,就把哈里波特的书藏起来了。现在她喜欢读Jackie French的小说,还特别喜欢看Wimpy Kids,前几天她读了几本Kate Dicamillo的书也特别喜欢。想请教一下你对不同的作家声音频率有什么总结吗?

刚刚翻到一篇女儿年初写的recount,当时8岁半,Year 4。隐去了真实姓名,多谢指教!

Today was Friday, extraordinary school day. We had another school excursion, in a row to the one to the temple. This one went to.....guess!!! Okay, you win. The beach!!! In terrifying weather. It was 19 degrees Celsius, and that was only the air temperature! The sea temperature was technically 16 degrees Celsius, and I didn't even bring a school jacket!!! Whoopee!!! Get ready for a cold one.

The bus dropped us off on the green grassy bank which towered a little over the cold sand. We were chattering as the wind blew in our faces. We dropped our bags off at the shelter, and we walked, already pale blue in the faces and hands and feet. We waddled to the slimy pool. The rocky edge of the pool was practically covered in slimy green slime, which wavered evilly in the freezing waters. We slid nervously into the water, and screamed out loud, yelping in terror. This water terrified us. It was the coldest, most freezing water I have ever felt. The worst pool. Hey, maybe the rocky edges could be cleaner. The green slime was the most awful thing. And the worst thing was, sometimes a bit of evil green slime would pick off the walls, and slowly a new patch grew, but the old patch was washed around in the freezing waters, and sometimes would scare you by brushing against your legs, making you think it was an angry bluebottle you had annoyed. There was one bluebottle in there, that nearly stung me, but I leaped out of the water in a wink. Others were terrified and chattering as we leaped out of the freezing pool. We practically pushed others out of the way to rush to the steps which were also covered in green slime. Ew. We cowered as our feet touched the ugly green slime covering the pool steps. We raced up the steps, and ran to the welcoming sand, yellow in peace. We spent the whole ten minutes picking off that ugly green slime from the heels of our feet, from walking on the sticky steps.

Now it’s the surfing time. Donna was never quite a good swimmer. She spluttered when she went over the tiniest wave possible. Donna began to sob and cry, and Katie rumoured Donna was crying for her mummy, and giggled at her Egyptian joke. I stayed serious as Donna was technically carried by Mrs XXX all the way to the shelter, and Donna was seriously crying and sobbing, muttering sad remarks. The surfing instructor nudged me to get on the board, and I, terrified and shocked, went on the board, in horror and terror. As I went through the first wave, the water went totally over my head. Luckily, my eyes were tight shut, my mouth was tight closed, and my left hand was shutting up my open nostrils. Only a little saltwater escaped into my mouth, but I spat it out quickly in the calmer waters. The next wave was a biggie. They went splat as they banged against my body. I spluttered, for my nose was not shut. I spent the whole time sailing in the calmer waters spitting out that horrible saltwater in my nostrils. Then the biggest, most gigantic wave ever. It did what I didn't expect. It just sort of fell down a little and let me pass over calmly. But I wasn't calm and confused for long. When the surfing instructor swung me around, I was only clear to one thing. I was very scared. All the other things in my mind were totally blurry, washed out, drained out by the strong waters. My board was so pushy as it pushed to the shore. The fin on the bottom stuck into the sand and held, and I gratefully got off, dusted off the sand, squeezed the water out of my hair, and joined the end of the line, needing no questions.

Then I did my second surf, which was just as terrifying as the first surf, except a little less terrifying because I already had done it once, and my confidence had risen-a little weeny teeny bit. Jane and the other kids who weren't allowed to swim were supposed to be gathered up into the shelter, but they insisted to stay and watch the surfers on the cold sand, so the teachers shrugged and left them there, and waddled back to the shelter to drink some coffee in a nice teacher mug. Ah. I dreamed of that as I waited patiently for my next surfing turn.

My third, fourth and fifth surfs weren't extraordinary, not really, but my sixth, my last surf was the one I will always remember. The surfing instructor lifted me right over the first wave. She did same for the second wave. But on the third wave, it seemed like the surfing instructor let go of my board, but I didn't get washed back to shore, so she definitely was holding the board. Then she turned me around, and called "Get ready for a big one, kid!!!" This gigantic angry wave with tossing white froth whirling at the top pushed on my pushy board, and I was literally flying through the water. Katie was lying with Jane on the sand, but as I came whooshing towards them, about to cut them through, they leaped up, grabbing their buttocks and running away from my cutting pushy board. That wave was gigantic, I remember saying to Jane later. I said "At first I thought the surfing instructor was crazy, letting me handle such big and angry as a wave as that!!!" Jane agreed "I thought she was crazy for nearly killing us. If we hadn't moved, your crazy board would have cut all of us, slashing us with that terrible force. I agreed that she was absolutely crazy. "The surfing instructor was walking to the shelter, half drunkenly from the dizzy waters, and drunkenly walked, staggering, into the teachers coffee room to drink some coffee, but Jane bet the surfing instructor was going to drink some whiskey.

Mr XXX sorted out all of the missing and extra clothes, and settled down crying Donna. Donna was still sobbing over the surfing fiasco, and now even Mr XXX was getting snappy and sharp. I changed into my sports uniform, tucked in my bag. We slapped on our hats, zipped up our swimming bags and walked to the warm bus. The bus was like heaven to us. The driver was complaining about the heater's heat, but we loved it. I sat with Jane, and we settled into a game of Fly Traps.

A long, great day at the beach. And I guess I might try surfing again, at my next opportunity, like today. Phew.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2015-12-18 14:21 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 daniel2008 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 daniel2008 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
8岁半能写那么长的文章了。 厉害啊。

发表于 2015-12-18 15:47 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 movielover 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 movielover 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
daniel2008 发表于 2015-12-18 14:21
8岁半能写那么长的文章了。 厉害啊。

这篇不算长,我经常对她说能不能写得简洁一些。

发表于 2015-12-18 15:57 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 casussing 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 casussing 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
movielover 发表于 2015-12-18 11:50
很同意你的观点,要想提高写作要多读名家的作品。你说到的作家的‘声音频率’这一点很有意思。我女儿有段 ...

好厉害,写得真好。8岁半4年级是跳级了吗

发表于 2015-12-18 15:57 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 洋八路 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 洋八路 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 洋八路 于 2015-12-19 06:47 编辑
Onesteptwosteps 发表于 2015-12-17 22:56
请大师指点

谢谢你提交作文,你小孩写的非常好,有创建‘场景’的能力,就是通常说的对写作有‘天份’,可以试着写小小说了。

优点:

1.        对场景和人物描述到位,有现场感。
2.        对话和叙述和描写自然‘交叉’,有‘专业写作’的影子。
3.        尤其可贵的是,一个小孩写出了大人的情感。

小小改进:

1.        ‘Causing a sense of peace of tranquillity, 有点跳出Hailey的‘Point of view’, 感觉是作者本人的sense.
2.        ‘unaware of the silence that fell around her’, 这个也跳出了’Hailey‘的sense. 因为如果Hailey没有意识到安静,那么她自己不知道,就最好不写。如果你要写安静,你要让主人公自己意识到安静。读者读的时候想象自己是Hailey,如果作者途中出来‘说话’,会产生‘author intrusion’, 中断读者的想象。这就象看电视剧,你正身历其境,这时旁边有人给你解说,你会觉得是‘噪音’。
3.        其他的看改进部分,在逻辑细节上稍微补充一下。

While She Was Washing the Dishes - Family version

Hailey Donovan quietly hummed along to Adele's new song ‘Hello’ as she did the dishes. With the back door open and the light summer breeze drifting in, she was enjoying a sense of peace and tranquillity.

Hailey had always lived a quiet, no drama life with her two kids and husband in a nice neighborhood, and she never wanted much more.

Suddenly Tyler, her youngest child, came blubbering into the kitchen. “MOMMY!!! Jessie is being mean to meeeeee!”

“It’s ok, honey. You know she’s just joking around,’ Harley replied, wiping one hand against the apron, ruffling Tyler’s sandy hair. ‘Honey, go to play with Daddy.’

‘No, no, Jessie is so mean to meeeeee!’

At last, from the stuffed toy basket Hailey produced a bubble blower. “Here, go play with this,” she sent Tyler on his way.

The sweet quietness fell around her again. She kept scrubbing the dishes, lulling herself into a ‘dish-washing daze’, which was then stirred up by a strong citrusy scent.

‘Strange…’ she thought, and sniffing, slowly followed the smell outside, where the sun was slowly setting.

Her jaw dropped as she stepped into the backyard, where her two kids and her husband sat on the grass, staring at the hundreds of lemony smelling bubbles drifting across the pinkish blue sky.

THIS, she thought, was beautiful. She leaned against the doorframe to admire the beauty of the moment, only for it to be lost when Tyler, seeing her, at once jumped up and yelled, ‘MUMMY, IS IT DINNER TIME???”

----------------

第二版本也好,不过在逻辑和前景设置上同‘恐怖剧情’有矛盾,太‘跳’。

1.  故事开头要营造‘不详’气氛,想出一个理由。
2. 主人公看到恐怖事件的反应必须是真实可信的。

看下面改进版本,供参考。

While She Was Washing the Dishes - Horror version

Hailey Donovan was washing the dishes. With the back door open and the light summer breeze drifting in, she should enjoy a sense of peace and tranquility as usual. But this morning she couldn’t, because her mind was replaying the horror movie Andrew had persuaded her to watch last night.

Suddenly she heard a thump outside, where her kids and husband were playing. Dropping the towel she was holding she crept towards the back door.

A feeling of dread started to wash over her, as if her gut instinct already knew what must have happened, even if her brain didn’t.

Goosebumps tingled on her skin as a sickening, citrusy perfume assailing her nostrils. Then half way on the backyard she halted abruptly at the sight of a horrible scene, made an ear-piercing shriek, and ran to the trampoline where Jessie and Tyler and Andrew were all lying motionless, with blood smearing their face and cloth, dripping through the trampoline.

‘Tyler, Jessie…’ she cried out, pulling each of her loved ones, but none of them responding. ‘Ah…’ she fainted, crouching over the trampoline, melting down to the grass.

Then after how long she didn’t know, she felt a shiver running down her spine. Her sense being recovered, she began to scream, “MURDER!!! SOMEBODY HEL-”

But her voice was cut short by a gloved, squashing hand over her mouth. She struggled and looked up to see the flashing green eyes she would know anywhere; her step-sister, Allison’s.

Then Hailey felt a sharp pain in her head. Her vision blurred red and her world slowly faded away.

---------------------

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
清咖一杯 + 3 谢谢奉献

查看全部评分

英文写作老师

发表于 2015-12-18 16:06 |显示全部楼层
casussing 发表于 2015-12-18 15:57
好厉害,写得真好。8岁半4年级是跳级了吗

谢谢鼓励。没有跳级,就是上学比较早。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2015-12-18 16:56 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 SmithN 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 SmithN 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

抱歉,实在没法看完。太boring了。这么多字的文章吸引人才能看完。太累赘啰嗦,精简到1/3可能差不多。这是最大的问题。

发表于 2015-12-18 19:14 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 casussing 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 casussing 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
movielover 发表于 2015-12-18 16:06
谢谢鼓励。没有跳级,就是上学比较早。

澳洲也允许上学这么早吗?那就等于4岁读prep呢

发表于 2015-12-18 22:14 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Onesteptwosteps 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Onesteptwosteps 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Thank you for going over my two stories; it's greatly appreciated. The parts that you changed for the Family Version were rewritten very well. Adele is a famous singer that wrote a popular song called 'Hello', not Hailey's husband, Andrew. Thank you once again for taking your time to edit my stories.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
洋八路 + 2 Thank you - I haven made some correction

查看全部评分

发表于 2015-12-18 22:17 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Onesteptwosteps 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Onesteptwosteps 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
谢谢大师。改过的部份及细节的加入让人觉得更真实自然

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
洋八路 + 2 呵呵,不是什么大师...一起学习而已..

查看全部评分

发表于 2015-12-18 22:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 hwll 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 hwll 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
真是热心老师啊,我也来凑个热闹, 请老师帮忙看看刚刚kindy毕业的小朋友今天写的小story。很多错别字  我修改了错别字打出来的,不然估计都没人能看懂

很像大灰狼小白兔的故事

Once upon a time there lived four turtles. One was called Fluffy which was the cleverest. One was called Monkey Donkey which was the cheekiest. One was called Talky which was a chatter box. And at last one was called Annabelle, which was the biggest.  

They were doing homework but suddenly somebody was knocking their door. It was a monster and it sounded like mummy turtle. Fluffy said, "it is not mummy! I think it is a MONSTER there!". " It must be right," said the three turtles because mummy is already home.  Fluffy shouted to the monster and the monster ran away.

是不是小朋友都喜欢用 once upon a time 啊,我看他们写故事都用这个开头,有点千篇一律的感觉

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2015-12-20 12:48 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 洋八路 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 洋八路 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 洋八路 于 2015-12-20 23:19 编辑

谢谢Movielover提交作文。

一个人的写作‘声音’比较个人的,感觉的。不好总结和描述。语速快慢,字句长短组合在不同场景下都会不同。不是说一个作家只有一种‘频率’。象唱歌,快慢,高低,你只会觉得好听不好听。。。

小孩多阅读时是写作的基础。从你小孩的文章来看,文字是有功底的,4年级学生真的很能写。

优点:

1. 每个句子看都不错,写的就是‘心里要说’的,让人感觉自然。
2. 词汇量丰富,很会用复合句。
3. 文章很有’激情‘
4. 很有幽默感。

改进:

1. 虽然是recount,但也是可以写的生动一点,特出有趣的重点,避免重复。
2. 注意分段落,长短句交叉,让读者有喘气的机会 - 当然,关键时刻也不能让读者’喘气‘ 。。
3. 记得添加对话,增加场景感,适时切换读者的感官使用,减少boring的机会。

下面是修改后的版本(供参考)

Today was Friday, an extraordinary school day. We had another school excursion. This one went to.....guess!!! Okay, you win. The beach!!! In terrifying weather. It was 19 degrees Celsius, and that was only the air temperature! The sea was technically at 16, and I didn't even bring a school jacket!!! Whoopee!!! Get ready for a cold one.

The bus dropped us off on the grassy bank which towered a little over the sand. We chattered and laughed, the wind blowing our faces cold. After dropping our bags off at the shelter, we waddled to the pool, and soon all our skin turned pale blue.

The rocky edges of the pool were covered with thick green slimes, wavering evilly in the water. Nervously we slid down, screaming out loud, yelping in terror, in the coldest, most freezing water I have ever felt. The slime was awful. It would pick off the walls, and scare you by brushing against your legs, making you think it was an angry bluebottle you had annoyed.